By Jennifer A. Moon
This guide acts as an important consultant to knowing and utilizing reflective and experiential studying - no matter if or not it's for private or specialist improvement, or as a device for learning.
It takes a clean examine experiential and reflective studying, finding them inside an total theoretical framework for studying and exploring the relationships among diverse approaches.
As good because the concept, the e-book offers useful principles for employing the types of studying, with instruments, actions and photocopiable assets that are included without delay into lecture room practice.
This booklet is vital analyzing to lead any instructor, lecturer or coach eager to enhance educating and studying.
Read or Download A handbook of reflective and experiential learning : theory and practice PDF
Similar schools & teaching books
Because the authors kingdom of their commencing bankruptcy, organize to be surprised. this pretty ebook describes the revolution that the Reggio Emiliaatelier (art studio) dropped at the schooling of young ones in Italy, and follows that revolution around the ocean to North the US. It explores how the stories of youngsters interacting with wealthy fabrics within the atelier impact a complete school's method of the development and expression of suggestion and studying.
Model-Centered studying: Pathways to Mathematical realizing utilizing GeoGebra is the 1st e-book to file at the foreign use of GeoGebra and its turning out to be effect on arithmetic educating and studying. Supported by means of new advancements in model-centered studying and guide, the chapters during this publication movement past the conventional perspectives of arithmetic and arithmetic instructing, offering theoretical views and examples of perform for reinforcing scholars' mathematical figuring out via mathematical and didactical modeling.
- Teaching and Learning Mathematics in Multilingual Classrooms
- Education and the End of Work: A New Philosophy of Work and Learning (The Institute of Education)
- Poetics of Curriculum, Poetics of Life: An Exploration of Poetry in the Context of Selves, Schools, and Society
- Digital Expectations and Experiences in Education
Extra info for A handbook of reflective and experiential learning : theory and practice
Learning, on this basis, is a process of experiencing variation and choosing to accommodate to that variation ± which will, in effect, change the experience (Marton and Booth, 1997). It is easiest to see that the variation in the external experience is that which leads to learning, in other words, there is new material of learning. However, on the model we are using of internal and external experience, learning can also result when there are changes in the internal experience, while the external experience remains the same.
77) Transitional stage ± there is partial certainty and partial uncertainty. For example, Bob ± I took a different teacher in the sophomore level of the subject, and I learned to interpret things differently. When you have someone else give you a different interpretation of the same subject, you're forced to go back and do comparisons. And I thought, well, why would this person teach this subject this way and be successful and at the same time there's a person teaching it in a different way but still being successful?
Another learner enrolled on this programme because she likes the social circumstances of ®eld trips and the visit to see Beer stone is a means to a social end. The students have different intentions for the trip and, without a brie®ng, may feel uncertain how to focus their awareness. They will have `pulled' different ®gures forward for their learning, from broadly what is the same ground. As a result, they will have developed different constructs. This may or may not matter. If they are to be assessed on their knowledge of Beer stone, then it will be unfortunate if their knowledge is largely of the social history of the quarrymen.
A handbook of reflective and experiential learning : theory and practice by Jennifer A. Moon